The president Leonel Fernandez and the Ministry of Health inaugurated the Padre Billini Hospital, founded on the 19th of June, 1879. The pioneering hospital, located in the Colonial Area, was under restoration for approximately two years. Almost completely rebuilt and reequipped, the project required an investment of 570 million pesos.
The remodeling was executed by IBT Group, with financing obtained from Deutsche Bank and the Anonymous Spanish Society, within a commercial credit clause.
The hallways, waiting areas and emergency rooms were all rebuilt. Furthermore, new consult offices were built and floors were replaced. The hospital also counts with a new electrical system, windows, doors, and a new division between pre and post surgical spaces in the operating areas.